Saturday, February 11, 2012

Project Runway Inspiration


Welcome back,
I'm an avid Project Runway fan!  To say the least...I even watch the reruns over and over again.

The show inspired me to dust off my sewing machine again and give it a try.  I've sewn on and off again since high school...which has been more than 30 years now!  Wow!

I headed off to my favorite fabric store (Hancock Fabrics) and found a hounds tooth print fun fur and  Simplicity 2311 pattern (which was inspired by Project Runway).  But while cutting out the pattern I realized that I didn't have enough of the hounds tooth fabric for the whole coat.  Since the fabric store was closed (due to the fact that when a project overtakes me it's usually late at night) I improvised with a black leather fabric I had and used that on the sides of the coat.  As it turns out the coat turned out great!

I'm a fanatic for lime green!  Maybe fanatic is to light a word.  If you continue to follow my blog you'll notice a theme of lime.  Even my car is green...Lime Squeeze Ford Fiesta...even my toothbrush is lime green.  So when I saw a lime green batik silk I used it for the lining. Heaven! 


Thank you for letting me share this project with you and I hope it inspires you to create something fabulous!

just another,
Craft Fanatic

No comments:

Post a Comment