Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crayon Melting



I saw these on Pintrest and just knew I had to try it!

With two boxes of crayons, a blowdryer, and two canvases...and the use of a glue gun, I spent a couple hours creating these.


I had a great time!





I embelished them a bit by adding some artificial flowers.

As you can see by the quilt that I designed, dyed, created, and had published, that I like bright colors and bugs. (that's a whole post in itself...get to it later.)

I'm a sucker for bright colors!  And I'm also a sucker for craft supplies and tools.  Could be classified as a craft supply collector.  I always seem to buy way more than I need to make just one project.

So of course there were alot of the artificial flowers left over so I pulled the petals off and popped them on the ice cycle lights that were still up from Christmas.



This has been fun, but I have to see what I can do with the rest of those flowers!  Like I said sometimes I get a little carried away when it comes to supplies.

Enjoy!

from just
Another Craft Fanatic

3 comments:

  1. Love your site! Everything you create is so beautifil and colorful. Love the embellishments! I can't wait to see what you find to do with the extra flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mei either...there's a whole boquet left. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. imagine my surprise seeing one of my family members sharing their wealth of crafting knowledge with the world (which is awesome because you are wicked good at crafting anything) My mom is Pat.....know who I am now? I'm the eldest daughter....heehee

    ReplyDelete